KEEPING FACEBOOK FANS HAPPY
Don’t annoy your Facebook fan base!
Keep Facebook fans happy: Facebook is the perfect place to promote your act to fans but it’s important to not to lose them once they’ve ‘liked’ your page. Facebook is an extremely powerful marketing tool to help you connect with new and existing fans and promote your music, but only if used effectively. Don’t let the time you spend attracting fans to your Facebook page be a waste. You don’t want to put them off staying once they’ve finally decided to like you.
- Post content that is worth sharing! Keep your personal profile separate from your music profile. Fans want information on new songs and tours, not an update on what food your having for dinner!
- If you’re struggling for content worth posting, think outside the box. Put a link up to a new song demo, or a video from a recent live performance. Maybe even try the occasional fan poll, like what songs they want to hear you play live.
- Don’t post marketing message son peoples walls. People will assume it will be spam and avoid it. Keep it on your own profile, but don’t over do it. People don’t like having the ‘buy, buy, buy’ mentality thrown at them too often!
- Don’t beg for likes! This comes across as desperate and will make current fans feel like you don’t appreciate them. People will wonder if there’s a reason for you trying to hard to get people to like your page!
- Don’t invite every fan to every event you post! Each event won’t be applicable to every fan. It can lead to fans ignoring any events you invite them to in future! It will ruin the surprise factor when you finally announce a show they can get to!
- When it comes to competitions, avoid constantly asking your fans to vote for you! This may have the opposite effect. Chances are fellow singers who support you wont appreciate being bombarded with requests from you to vote!
- Avoid writing in capital letters constantly. When we read text quickly we are not reading every individual letter, but instead recognise the words by their shape. Words written in capitals are much harder to read as they have no shape and therefore you are not reaching your audience effectively. People will skim the words but not necessarily process them.
- Keep hash tags on Twitter. They have no effect on Facebook and will annoy fans!
KEEP IT PROFESSIONAL
- Keep your Facebook up-to-date. When you go on holiday, there are scheduling programmes that can do your posts for you. ‘HootSuite’ is a good example. It gives the impression you are posting updates even if you are not around!
- People will assume a page is inactive if there are no posts and unlike it. If it isn’t feasible keeping a page up-to-date, it may as well be deactivated.
- Don’t update too often! Try updating every few hours not every few minutes. It is unlikely frequent posts will always be something worth saying that wont just spam peoples news feeds
- Try to avoid overly long posts. People’s attention spans wont last more than a few sentences so avoid posting a whole page worth of writing if it can fit into a few sentences.
- Always check grammar and spelling! Make sure you never repeat the same post!
- Using too many mentions in a post (@ followed by a name) can make a post hard to read!
- When uploading photos, make sure they are of good quality. Irrelevant or pixelated pictures will give you an unprofessional reputation. Avoid tagging random fans in photos if they aren’t in them, this will annoy them. Especially if it happens more than once!
- Never spout negativity online, especially towards others. Remarks or jealousy towards other artists will do you no favours, even if said in jest. Always keep it positive and never get drawn into arguments with people saying negative things on your page. Rise above it!
- The more you interact with your fans the more loyalty they will feel towards you and the more likely they are to tell their friends about your Facebook page.
KEEPING FACEBOOK FANS HAPPY
Check out our other Facebook tips for singers below and check out our Open Mic UK singing audition dates by clicking here.
To keep up-to-date with other advice for singers, keep an eye on the Open Mic UK Facebook and Twitter pages:
Click the above buttons so you don't miss out!
Share this to your fans by:
DORSET OPEN MIC NIGHTS THE TOP 10
The top 10 of Dorset's open mic nights. We take a look at the best open mic nights that the county of Dorset has to offer singers and musicians.
There’s a ton of opportunities to enjoy some fantastic live …
BOURNEMOUTH OPEN MIC NIGHTS THE TOP 10
With new bars and music venues popping up all over, there’s definitely a buzz about Bournemouth.
Open Mic Finder in Bournemouth
Bournemouth not only possesses a gorgeous coastline and vibrant …
TOP 10 OPEN MIC NIGHTS SOUTHAMPTON 2018
Open Mic Finder in Southampton
Southampton may be best known for its connection to the Titanic, but the city has also made a name for itself through its thriving music scene. This bustling …
HOW TO RAP
Rapping with confidence, control, and emotion.
How to Rap - Five Key Areas of Focus
How to Rap: In this article we have focused on five key areas to help you improve your rapping techinique.Lyrics are the fundamental part of any rap …
MUSIC ARTIST MANAGEMENT
What does Music Artist Management do?
Music Artist Management: All music mangers vary and can do an array of different jobs to help artists develop every aspect of their music careers. What a manager does for you …
LOOKING FOR A MUSIC MANAGER?
Should you be looking for a music manager?
Looking for a music manager?: Certainly what we’d advise especially when starting out is just concentrate on your own affairs to begin with before you start looking …
WRITING A PRESS RELEASE
Putting together and writing a press release
Writing a press release: You need something to back up your words explaining your story for your newspaper article, that’s where writing a press release, comes in. …
Choosing a recording studio for your music production
Music Production: You’ve spent time and effort writing your own material, so when it comes to music production – laying down your tracks, choosing a …
JAMES NEILSON CROWNED OPEN MIC UK 2017 CHAMPION!
Future Music have crowned James Neilson Open Mic UK's 2017 overall winner
Open Mic UK 2017 Champion: The national music competition Open Mic UK has found its latest winner! Joining a long line of …
OPEN MIC UK 2017 PRIZE WINNERS
Judges’ Top Scores and Prize Winners Announced
Open Mic UK 2017 Prize Winners: The Open Mic UK 2017 Grand Final judges’ top scores and prize winners have been revealed! The national music competition …
TeenStar 2018 Audition Dates Now Released!
TeenStar 2018 audition dates are now released! TeenStar, the UK’s only singing and dance competition exclusively for 19 year olds and younger, have now released their 2018 audition dates! …
MUSIC COMPETITION OPEN MIC UK 2017 AUDITION DATES RELEASED
Music competition auditions dates for Open Mic UK 2017 have been announced!
Open Mic UK have announced their music competition auditions dates for Open Mic UK 2017! The Open Mic UK music …
SAM CLINES CROWNED OPEN MIC UK 2016 CHAMPION!
Future Music have crowned Sam Clines Open Mic UK's 2016 overall winner
Open Mic UK winner: The national singing competition Open Mic UK has found its latest winner! Joining a long line of prestigious …
OPEN MIC UK MUSIC COMPETITION WINNER – JUDGES’ TOP SCORES!
The Open Mic UK music competition winner 2016 Grand Final judges’ top scores have been revealed! The Open Mic UK music competition Grand Final took place at The NEC in …
TeenStar audition dates now released!
TeenStar audition dates are now released! TeenStar, the UK’s only competition exclusively for pre-teens and teenagers, have now released their audition dates! And new for this year it’s also open …
AUDITION DATES RELEASED
Music competition auditions for Open Mic UK 2016 are announced today!
Open Mic UK have announced their music competition auditions dates for Open Mic UK 2016! The Open Mic UK music competition auditions will be …
A&R MUSIC – ADVICE FROM THE MUSIC INDUSTRY
A&R music industry professionals provide advice from the Grand Final.
A&R Music: The Open Mic UK music competition grand final hosted the best unsigned singers from across the …
NORTH EAST MUSIC CONTEST
Singers and songwriters came to impress at a show for the North East Music Contest at Dewsbury Town Hall
North East Music Contest: Open Mic UK is more than a competition and if you’d like …
SOUTH ENDLAND MUSIC CONTEST
Singers and songwriters came to impress at a show for South England Music Contest at The Engine Rooms
South England Music Contest: Open Mic UK is more than a competition and if you’d …
NORTH WEST AND SCOTLAND MUSIC CONTEST
Singers and songwriters came to impress at a show for North West and Scotland Music Contest at The Forum Theatre
North West and Scotland Music Contest: Open Mic UK is more than a …
MIDLANDS MUSIC CONTEST
Singers and songwriters came to impress at a show for Midlands Music Contest at The NEC
Midlands Music Contest: Open Mic UK is more than a competition and if you’d like advice on how to develop as …
LONDON MUSIC OPPORTUNITIES
Singers and songwriters came to impress at a show for London music opportunities at the Beck Theatre
London Music Opportunities: Open Mic UK is more than a competition and if you’d like advice on how …
READING MUSIC OPPORTUNITIES
Singers and songwriters came to impress at a show for Reading music opportunities at Sub89
Reading Music Opportunities: Open Mic UK gave budding singers Reading music opportunities at the weekend. The …
SHEFFIELD MUSIC OPPORTUNITIES
Singers and songwriters came to impress at a show for Sheffield music opportunities at The Sheffield City Hall
Sheffield Music Opportunities: Open Mic UK gave budding singers Sheffield music …