KEEPING FACEBOOK FANS HAPPY
Don’t annoy your Facebook fan base!
Keep Facebook fans happy: Facebook is the perfect place to promote your act to fans but it’s important to not to lose them once they’ve ‘liked’ your page. Facebook is an extremely powerful marketing tool to help you connect with new and existing fans and promote your music, but only if used effectively. Don’t let the time you spend attracting fans to your Facebook page be a waste. You don’t want to put them off staying once they’ve finally decided to like you.
- Post content that is worth sharing! Keep your personal profile separate from your music profile. Fans want information on new songs and tours, not an update on what food your having for dinner!
- If you’re struggling for content worth posting, think outside the box. Put a link up to a new song demo, or a video from a recent live performance. Maybe even try the occasional fan poll, like what songs they want to hear you play live.
- Don’t post marketing message son peoples walls. People will assume it will be spam and avoid it. Keep it on your own profile, but don’t over do it. People don’t like having the ‘buy, buy, buy’ mentality thrown at them too often!
- Don’t beg for likes! This comes across as desperate and will make current fans feel like you don’t appreciate them. People will wonder if there’s a reason for you trying to hard to get people to like your page!
- Don’t invite every fan to every event you post! Each event won’t be applicable to every fan. It can lead to fans ignoring any events you invite them to in future! It will ruin the surprise factor when you finally announce a show they can get to!
- When it comes to competitions, avoid constantly asking your fans to vote for you! This may have the opposite effect. Chances are fellow singers who support you wont appreciate being bombarded with requests from you to vote!
- Avoid writing in capital letters constantly. When we read text quickly we are not reading every individual letter, but instead recognise the words by their shape. Words written in capitals are much harder to read as they have no shape and therefore you are not reaching your audience effectively. People will skim the words but not necessarily process them.
- Keep hash tags on Twitter. They have no effect on Facebook and will annoy fans!
KEEP IT PROFESSIONAL
- Keep your Facebook up-to-date. When you go on holiday, there are scheduling programmes that can do your posts for you. ‘HootSuite’ is a good example. It gives the impression you are posting updates even if you are not around!
- People will assume a page is inactive if there are no posts and unlike it. If it isn’t feasible keeping a page up-to-date, it may as well be deactivated.
- Don’t update too often! Try updating every few hours not every few minutes. It is unlikely frequent posts will always be something worth saying that wont just spam peoples news feeds
- Try to avoid overly long posts. People’s attention spans wont last more than a few sentences so avoid posting a whole page worth of writing if it can fit into a few sentences.
- Always check grammar and spelling! Make sure you never repeat the same post!
- Using too many mentions in a post (@ followed by a name) can make a post hard to read!
- When uploading photos, make sure they are of good quality. Irrelevant or pixelated pictures will give you an unprofessional reputation. Avoid tagging random fans in photos if they aren’t in them, this will annoy them. Especially if it happens more than once!
- Never spout negativity online, especially towards others. Remarks or jealousy towards other artists will do you no favours, even if said in jest. Always keep it positive and never get drawn into arguments with people saying negative things on your page. Rise above it!
- The more you interact with your fans the more loyalty they will feel towards you and the more likely they are to tell their friends about your Facebook page.
KEEPING FACEBOOK FANS HAPPY
Check out our other Facebook tips for singers below and check out our Open Mic UK singing audition dates by clicking here.
To keep up-to-date with other advice for singers, keep an eye on the Open Mic UK Facebook and Twitter pages:
Click the above buttons so you don't miss out!
Share this to your fans by:
MUSIC ARTIST MANAGEMENT
What does Music Artist Management do?
Music Artist Management: All music mangers vary and can do an array of different jobs to help artists develop every aspect of their music careers. What a manager does for you …
LOOKING FOR A MUSIC MANAGER?
Should you be looking for a music manager?
Looking for a music manager?: Certainly what we’d advise especially when starting out is just concentrate on your own affairs to begin with before you start looking …
WRITING A PRESS RELEASE
Putting together and writing a press release
Writing a press release: You need something to back up your words explaining your story for your newspaper article, that’s where writing a press release, comes in. …
Choosing a recording studio for your music production
Music Production: You’ve spent time and effort writing your own material, so when it comes to music production – laying down your tracks, choosing a …
Using YouTube and uploading videos
Using YouTube: YouTube is the most popular video platform for singers as we go to print, so using YouTube can be a great platform, although Facebook are keen to take a piece of this market, so …
Using the right Facebook tools for promotion
Facebook Tools: Facebook is still one of the best marketing platforms for singers, musicians and songwriters to promote their music and events on, therefore utilising Facebook tools can …
Facebook posts and content rules
Facebook Posts: Getting your Facebook posts right is important. Post too little and you are in danger of getting lost in people's news feeds and forgotten. Post too much and you will irritate …
Facebook help to get you started
Facebook help: One of the first steps with your Facebook help is to make sure your bio, picture and information are as clear as possible. Also, make sure your profile picture on Facebook is …
AUDITION DATES RELEASED
Music competition auditions for Open Mic UK 2016 are announced today!
Open Mic UK have announced their music competition auditions dates for Open Mic UK 2016! The Open Mic UK music competition auditions will be …
OPEN MIC UK SINGING COMPETITION WINNER – JUDGES’ TOP SCORES!
The Open Mic UK singing competition winner 2015 Grand Final judges’ top scores have been revealed! The Open Mic UK singing competition winner’s Grand Final took …
OPEN MIC UK WINNER BIRDY SET FOR MORE CHART SUCCESS
Previous Open Mic UK Winner Birdy Releases New Single ‘Let It All Go’.
Open Mic UK Winner Birdy: Previous Open Mic UK winner Birdy is set for more chart success this …
HIGHWAY TO V FESTIVAL: WANT TO PLAY AT V FESTIVAL?
Win a slot at V Festival this summer!
Highway to V Festival: Do you want to perform at V Festival this summer? The line-up for V Festival this year includes; Kasabian, Calvin Harris, …
UK MUSIC CHART - FUTURE MUSIC ACTS GAIN UK MUSIC CHART SUCCESS
2015 sees previous Future Music contestants gaining UK music chart success.
UK Music Chart: 2015 has already been a fantastic year for music and in particular for former Future Music …
LONDON SINGING AUDITIONS 2016
Open Mic UK’s London singing auditions are on Sunday 14th August
London Singing Auditions 2016: The national singing competition Open Mic UK have announced their 2016 singing audition dates and the competition …
READING SINGING AUDITIONS 2016
Reading singing auditions on Saturday 17th September for Open Mic UK
Reading Singing Auditions 2016: Open Mic UK, the national singing competition holds singing auditions in 15 regions across the UK every year and …
NOTTINGHAM SINGING AUDITIONS 2016
Singing auditions in Nottingham on Saturday 10th September
Nottingham Singing Auditions 2016: Open Mic UK is on the hunt to find the best undiscovered talent in the UK and the competition is coming to Nottingham. …
MANCHESTER SINGING CONTEST
Singers were given feedback at the Manchester Regional Final Showcase
Manchester Singing Contest: Music industry judges gave singers feedback at the Manchester singing contest at The Royal Northern College …
Singers were given feedback at the Glasgow Auditions
Glasgow Auditions: Music industry judges gave singers feedback at the Glasgow auditions at Dance HQ in Glasgow this weekend. The Glasgow auditions gave singers and …
Singers were given feedback at the Newcastle Auditions
Newcastle Auditions: Music industry judges gave singers feedback at the Newcastle auditions at The Tyne Theatre and Opera House in Newcastle this weekend. The …
Singers were given feedback at the Reading Auditions
Reading Auditions: Music industry judges gave singers feedback at the Reading auditions at Sub89 in Reading this weekend. The Reading auditions gave singers and songwriters …
Singers were given feedback at the Camden Auditions
Camden Auditions: Music industry judges gave singers feedback at the Camden auditions at Dingwalls in Camden this weekend. The Camden auditions gave singers and …
Singers were given feedback at the Nottingham Auditions
Nottingham Auditions: Music industry judges gave singers feedback at the Nottingham auditions at The NEC in Nottingham this weekend. The Nottingham auditions gave …
Singers were given feedback at the Liverpool Auditions
Liverpool Auditions: Music industry judges gave singers feedback at the Liverpool auditions at The Liner Hotel in Liverpool this weekend. The Liverpool auditions gave …
Singers were given feedback at the Southampton Auditions
Southampton Auditions: Music industry judges gave singers feedback at the Southampton auditions at The 1865 in Southampton this weekend. The Southampton auditions …
BELFAST RECORDING STUDIOS
Prizes such as time in recording studios were up for grabs at the Open Mic UK Belfast Regional Finals!
Belfast Recording Studios Prizes: The Open Mic UK Belfast Regional Finals took place this weekend at Kings Hall in …
EXETER RECORDING STUDIOS
Prizes such as time in recording studios were up for grabs at the Open Mic UK Exeter Regional Finals!
Exeter Recording Studios Prizes: The Open Mic UK Exeter Regional Finals took place this weekend at Exeter Corn …
ESSEX RECORDING STUDIOS
Prizes such as time in recording studios were up for grabs at the Open Mic UK Essex Regional Finals!
Essex Recording Studios Prizes: The Open Mic UK Essex Regional Finals took place this weekend at Marconi Social Club in …
CAMDEN RECORDING STUDIOS
Prizes such as time in recording studios were up for grabs at the Open Mic UK Camden Regional Finals!
Camden Recording Studios Prizes: The Open Mic UK Camden Regional Finals took place this weekend at Dingwalls in …
READING RECORDING STUDIOS
Prizes such as time in recording studios were up for grabs at the Open Mic UK Reading Regional Finals!
Reading Recording Studios Prizes: The Open Mic UK Reading Regional Finals took place this weekend at Sub89 in …
NOTTINGHAM RECORDING STUDIOS
Prizes such as time in recording studios were up for grabs at the Open Mic UK Nottingham Regional Finals!
Nottingham Recording Studios Prizes: The Open Mic UK Nottingham Regional Finals took place this weekend …
MILTON KEYNES RECORDING STUDIOS
Prizes such as time in recording studios were up for grabs at the Open Mic UK Milton Keynes Regional Finals!
Milton Keynes Recording Studios Prizes: The Open Mic UK Milton Keynes Regional Finals took place …
NEWCASTLE RECORDING STUDIOS
Prizes such as time in recording studios were up for grabs at the Open Mic UK Newcastle Regional Finals!
Newcastle Recording Studios Prizes: The Open Mic UK Newcastle Regional Finals took place this weekend at …