HOW NOT TO USE TWITTER
Ways to avoid losing Twitter followers and damage your reputation.
How not to use Twitter: Below are some things to avoid so that you don’t lose your followers andfan base on Twitter and keep people interested in who you are as an act!
Don’t try to sell constantly
- As a singer it’s obvious that you want to sell your EP or your demos but trying to sell them through your Twitter so often it’s all your followers see from you has negative impact. No one wants to see someone constantly trying to sell them something. Of course you should use Twitter to sell, but not to the point where it’s becomes irritating.
Don’t be too formal
- It’s your Twitter account, it has to reflect you. So be real with your followers, don’t be too formal, your followers didn’t follow you because they wanted to see the business person side of you. If you find something funny or you have a funny picture, post it. Followers are more likely to interact with more informal posts as you become more approachable.
Don’t retweet too often
- As a singer you understand other singers who want to make it big like you, and as a show of support you can retweet the link to their EP for example. However, if you retweet too often you run the risk of people forgetting who you are and why they follow you. The main reason you got Twitter as a singer was to promote you, so don’t promote everyone else instead.
Don’t tweet all the time
- You know what it’s like when you’ve got that one person you follow that tweets every 5 minutes about things no one’s too bothered about. You’ve got to avoid being that person. It’s irritating as a follower to see someone post constantly as they lose interest after the first few and you’re clogging up their news feed. To maintain your following, tweet regularly but not to the expense of your fans.
#Don’t #Overuse #Hash #Tags
- One of Twitter’s unique selling points was their hash tag (#) idea. It’s a good way to keep track of trends and to promote things online. However using hash tags in every tweet, more than once, is something that annoys many people on Twitter. The idea of a hash tag is to pinpoint one specific area, using more than one doesn’t give a clear example of what you’re aiming for.
HOW NOT TO USE TWITTER
Check out our other tips for singers below and check out our 2014 Open Mic UK singing audition dates by clicking here.
To keep up-to-date with other advice for singers, keep an eye on the Open Mic UK Facebook and Twitter pages:
Click the above buttons so you don't miss out!
HOW TO RAP
Rapping with confidence, control, and emotion.
How to Rap - Five Key Areas of Focus
How to Rap: In this article we have focused on five key areas to help you improve your rapping techinique.Lyrics are the fundamental part of any rap …
MUSIC ARTIST MANAGEMENT
What does Music Artist Management do?
Music Artist Management: All music mangers vary and can do an array of different jobs to help artists develop every aspect of their music careers. What a manager does for you …
LOOKING FOR A MUSIC MANAGER?
Should you be looking for a music manager?
Looking for a music manager?: Certainly what we’d advise especially when starting out is just concentrate on your own affairs to begin with before you start looking …
WRITING A PRESS RELEASE
Putting together and writing a press release
Writing a press release: You need something to back up your words explaining your story for your newspaper article, that’s where writing a press release, comes in. …
Choosing a recording studio for your music production
Music Production: You’ve spent time and effort writing your own material, so when it comes to music production – laying down your tracks, choosing a …
Using YouTube and uploading videos
Using YouTube: YouTube is the most popular video platform for singers as we go to print, so using YouTube can be a great platform, although Facebook are keen to take a piece of this market, so …
Using the right Facebook tools for promotion
Facebook Tools: Facebook is still one of the best marketing platforms for singers, musicians and songwriters to promote their music and events on, therefore utilising Facebook tools can …
Facebook posts and content rules
Facebook Posts: Getting your Facebook posts right is important. Post too little and you are in danger of getting lost in people's news feeds and forgotten. Post too much and you will irritate …
JAMES NEILSON CROWNED OPEN MIC UK 2017 CHAMPION!
Future Music have crowned James Neilson Open Mic UK's 2017 overall winner
Open Mic UK 2017 Champion: The national music competition Open Mic UK has found its latest winner! Joining a long line of …
OPEN MIC UK 2017 PRIZE WINNERS
Judges’ Top Scores and Prize Winners Announced
Open Mic UK 2017 Prize Winners: The Open Mic UK 2017 Grand Final judges’ top scores and prize winners have been revealed! The national music competition …
TeenStar 2018 Audition Dates Now Released!
TeenStar 2018 audition dates are now released! TeenStar, the UK’s only singing and dance competition exclusively for 19 year olds and younger, have now released their 2018 audition dates! …
MUSIC COMPETITION OPEN MIC UK 2017 AUDITION DATES RELEASED
Music competition auditions dates for Open Mic UK 2017 have been announced!
Open Mic UK have announced their music competition auditions dates for Open Mic UK 2017! The Open Mic UK music …
SAM CLINES CROWNED OPEN MIC UK 2016 CHAMPION!
Future Music have crowned Sam Clines Open Mic UK's 2016 overall winner
Open Mic UK winner: The national singing competition Open Mic UK has found its latest winner! Joining a long line of prestigious …
OPEN MIC UK MUSIC COMPETITION WINNER – JUDGES’ TOP SCORES!
The Open Mic UK music competition winner 2016 Grand Final judges’ top scores have been revealed! The Open Mic UK music competition Grand Final took place at The NEC in …
TeenStar audition dates now released!
TeenStar audition dates are now released! TeenStar, the UK’s only competition exclusively for pre-teens and teenagers, have now released their audition dates! And new for this year it’s also open …
AUDITION DATES RELEASED
Music competition auditions for Open Mic UK 2016 are announced today!
Open Mic UK have announced their music competition auditions dates for Open Mic UK 2016! The Open Mic UK music competition auditions will be …
A&R MUSIC – ADVICE FROM THE MUSIC INDUSTRY
A&R music industry professionals provide advice from the Grand Final.
A&R Music: The Open Mic UK 2017 music competition grand final hosted the best unsigned singers from across …
NORTH EAST MUSIC CONTEST
Singers and songwriters came to impress at a show for the North East Music Contest at Dewsbury Town Hall
North East Music Contest: Open Mic UK gave budding singers North East Music Contest at the …
SOUTH ENDLAND MUSIC CONTEST
Singers and songwriters came to impress at a show for South England Music Contest at The Engine Rooms
South England Music Contest: Open Mic UK gave budding singers South England Music Contest at …
NORTH WEST AND SCOTLAND MUSIC CONTEST
Singers and songwriters came to impress at a show for North West and Scotland Music Contest at The Forum Theatre
North West and Scotland Music Contest: Open Mic UK gave budding singers …
MIDLANDS MUSIC CONTEST
Singers and songwriters came to impress at a show for Midlands Music Contest at The NEC
Midlands Music Contest: Open Mic UK gave budding singers Midlands Music Contest at the weekend. The singers and …
LONDON MUSIC OPPORTUNITIES
Singers and songwriters came to impress at a show for London music opportunities at the Beck Theatre
London Music Opportunities: Open Mic UK gave budding singers London music opportunities at the weekend. The …
READING MUSIC OPPORTUNITIES
Singers and songwriters came to impress at a show for Reading music opportunities at Sub89
Reading Music Opportunities: Open Mic UK gave budding singers Reading music opportunities at the weekend. The …
SHEFFIELD MUSIC OPPORTUNITIES
Singers and songwriters came to impress at a show for Sheffield music opportunities at The Sheffield City Hall
Sheffield Music Opportunities: Open Mic UK gave budding singers Sheffield music …