Open Mic UK Terms & Conditions
Terms and conditions of the competition:
1. The competition is organised and promoted by Future Productions Ltd (the “Company”) trading as Open Mic UK.
2. I acknowledge that the purpose of the competition is the search for a recording artist, duo or group (hereafter referred to as ‘I/me/my’) and the competition will require a musical and/or vocal performance before a panel of Judges. Applications made on behalf of a group must have the consent of all members of the group before applying. I understand the nature of the competition and in signing this agreement I hereby consent to the recording and use of my contribution to the competition on the terms and conditions herein stated.
3. The competition requires a non-refundable entrance fee to complete an entry; this covers administration costs plus my audition at my selected region. The entrance fee does not cover any contestant expenses such as travel. At the Company’s discretion and where possible alternative audition dates will be offered if in the unlikely event an audition is cancelled or if you are unable to attend your audition. Submission of an application does not guarantee the opportunity to audition or participate in the competition.
4. If successful at the auditions, a deposit is required to book my place in the showcase finals. The deposit is non- refundable unless I perform and compete as per competition rules on the terms and conditions and the newsletter provided after the audition. In the event of illness an alternative showcase date will be offered at the Company’s discretion. It is up to me to read the terms, conditions and newsletters in full.
5. I agree to make myself available, at my own expense, at such times and in such locations as the Company may reasonably require in respect of the competition including without limitation rehearsals, publicity, press calls, photographs, recordings and/or other contributions. Such events will be organised and paid for by the Company. I understand that I am not entitled to receive exposure to such events.
6. No filming, recording or photography will be permitted at any of the event nights unless agreed in writing by the Company 7 days prior to an event.
7. The Company (or other such company as chosen by the Company) may film and/or record performances at the events. I agree to the use of this material by the Company for marketing and promotional purposes, including but not limited to national and international broadcast, including rights to reproduce and edit footage. The Company will own all intellectual property rights in any film and sound recording of the performances.
8. In the event that I perform any music and/or lyrics which are composed and/or written by me (“Composition(s)”), I hereby warrant that such Composition(s) are wholly original to me, are not subject to any third party rights or encumbrances which have not been notified to the Company prior to my performance of such Composition(s) for the competition and the performance and inclusion of such Composition(s) as part of the competition do not infringe the rights of any third party nor any statutory rights in any material.
9. I am free to enter into this agreement and hereby agree to indemnify the Company in respect of all actions, proceedings, claims, damages and other liabilities which may be brought against or incurred by the Company as a result of the breach of any of my warranties, representations or obligations contained in this agreement. I agree that in the event of any breach of this agreement by the Company I shall not be entitled to injunct the competition and any legal remedy I may have shall lie in an action at law for damages only.
10. I hereby warrant that I have not entered into any commercial, sponsorship or other agreement or arrangement with any person, firm or company in respect of my entry in the competition and/or musical, musical writing and/or performing abilities and will not do so.
11. I agree to give the Company the option of first refusal to provide management services to my career as an artist within an 18 month period from the end of the competition. Failure to do so may result in the payment of a management fee for the would-be management contract.
12. The overall winning prize to the winning contestant, duo or group of Open Mic UK is recording studio time to record their album and a video of the best single plus extensive media promotion from a professional PR company.
13. Competition finalists, defined as any act making the Grand Final, acknowledge and agree to make themselves available for appearances and promotion for an 18 month period from the end of the competition for a minimum of 5 times. These will be at such times and in such locations as the Company may reasonably require in respect of the competition including without limitation showcases, Regional Finals and the Grand Final for the following year, interviews, publicity, press calls, photographs, recordings and/or other contributions. I agree to attend such events and will advise of (and) provide receipts to the Company for reimbursement of any reasonable travel expenses incurred.
14. I acknowledge and agree to abide fully by the rules, regulations, terms and conditions for this competition (the “Rules”). I agree to observe all procedures and obey all reasonable instructions in force or given by a member of the Company and/or any location staff in connection with the competition and the management of the locations and the fire safety and security arrangements in those locations.
15. I acknowledge and agree that if I’m successful at the auditions I will be given tickets to sell for the live Regional Final show which I will try my best to sell to family, friends and fans.
16. I acknowledge and agree that if I’m successful at the auditions I will pay a £30 deposit to ensure my place in the Regional Final and all subsequent rounds. The deposit will be returned when I leave the competition subject to my punctual attendance and performance at the Regional Final.
17. I acknowledge that the Company reserve the right to amend the Rules (including without limitation verbally) or terminate the competition at any time without liability to me. The Company’s decisions shall be final.
18. If I am under 18 years old I must obtain the consent of my parent(s) or legal guardian(s) and enter their details as provided in the application form prior to my entry into the competition.
19. I must be resident in the UK. I must be in my age category on or before the last day of July. I may be asked to provide the Company with supporting documentation in order to substantiate this (i.e. birth certificate and/or valid passport). I acknowledge that the Company reserves the right to require at any time proof of my identity and/or eligibility.
20. All personal details and/or information given in my application either in this form or otherwise must be truthful, accurate and in no way misleading. I undertake to inform the Company immediately if any such information becomes inaccurate.
21. The information provided in the application may be used in connection with the production and promotion of the competition. By submitting my details I am agreeing that from time to time the Company’s partners, sponsors or associated companies may contact me with information regarding relevant services they feel may be of interest to me. Should I not wish to receive further information from Open Mic UK and associated companies about their services I am to email 'opt-out' to email@example.com. Any questions regarding the use of personal information should be made for the attention of the Data Protection Officer at Future Productions Ltd, 36 Lumsden Avenue, Southampton SO15 5EL or by email to webteam@OpenMicUK.co.uk.
22. I acknowledge that the Company reserves the right to remove or disqualify me from the competition at their absolute discretion and that the decision of the Company is final. I acknowledge that the Company will have no liability to me if I am unable to attend or take part in the competition.
23. The Company reserves the right to disqualify any contestant if they supply untruthful, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information, have failed to abide by the Rules and/or are in breach of the terms hereof.
24. The Company reserves the right to disqualify any contestant if they are deemed to be acting outside the spirit of the competition. The Company’s decisions shall be final.
25. The Company will endeavour to operate the competition and apply the Rules and conditions of the competition as devised by the Company.
26. If any provision of this agreement is adjudged by a court to be void or unenforceable such provision shall no way affect any other provisions of this agreement, the application of the provision in any other circumstances or the validity or enforceability of this agreement and such provision shall be curtailed and limited only to the extent necessary to bring it within legal requirement.
27. The courts of England shall have sole jurisdiction in relation to the terms and conditions of the agreement contained in this release which shall be interpreted according to the laws of England.
28. Lastly have fun!
MUSIC ARTIST MANAGEMENT
What does Music Artist Management do?
Music Artist Management: All music mangers vary and can do an array of different jobs to help artists develop every aspect of their music careers. What a manager does for you …
LOOKING FOR A MUSIC MANAGER?
Should you be looking for a music manager?
Looking for a music manager?: Certainly what we’d advise especially when starting out is just concentrate on your own affairs to begin with before you start looking …
WRITING A PRESS RELEASE
Putting together and writing a press release
Writing a press release: You need something to back up your words explaining your story for your newspaper article, that’s where writing a press release, comes in. …
Choosing a recording studio for your music production
Music Production: You’ve spent time and effort writing your own material, so when it comes to music production – laying down your tracks, choosing a …
Using YouTube and uploading videos
Using YouTube: YouTube is the most popular video platform for singers as we go to print, so using YouTube can be a great platform, although Facebook are keen to take a piece of this market, so …
Using the right Facebook tools for promotion
Facebook Tools: Facebook is still one of the best marketing platforms for singers, musicians and songwriters to promote their music and events on, therefore utilising Facebook tools can …
Facebook posts and content rules
Facebook Posts: Getting your Facebook posts right is important. Post too little and you are in danger of getting lost in people's news feeds and forgotten. Post too much and you will irritate …
Facebook help to get you started
Facebook help: One of the first steps with your Facebook help is to make sure your bio, picture and information are as clear as possible. Also, make sure your profile picture on Facebook is …
AUDITION DATES RELEASED
Music competition auditions for Open Mic UK 2016 are announced today!
Open Mic UK have announced their music competition auditions dates for Open Mic UK 2016! The Open Mic UK music competition auditions will be …
OPEN MIC UK SINGING COMPETITION WINNER – JUDGES’ TOP SCORES!
The Open Mic UK singing competition winner 2015 Grand Final judges’ top scores have been revealed! The Open Mic UK singing competition winner’s Grand Final took …
OPEN MIC UK WINNER BIRDY SET FOR MORE CHART SUCCESS
Previous Open Mic UK Winner Birdy Releases New Single ‘Let It All Go’.
Open Mic UK Winner Birdy: Previous Open Mic UK winner Birdy is set for more chart success this …
HIGHWAY TO V FESTIVAL: WANT TO PLAY AT V FESTIVAL?
Win a slot at V Festival this summer!
Highway to V Festival: Do you want to perform at V Festival this summer? The line-up for V Festival this year includes; Kasabian, Calvin Harris, …
UK MUSIC CHART - FUTURE MUSIC ACTS GAIN UK MUSIC CHART SUCCESS
2015 sees previous Future Music contestants gaining UK music chart success.
UK Music Chart: 2015 has already been a fantastic year for music and in particular for former Future Music …
LONDON SINGING AUDITIONS 2016
Open Mic UK’s London singing auditions are on Sunday 14th August
London Singing Auditions 2016: The national singing competition Open Mic UK have announced their 2016 singing audition dates and the competition …
READING SINGING AUDITIONS 2016
Reading singing auditions on Saturday 17th September for Open Mic UK
Reading Singing Auditions 2016: Open Mic UK, the national singing competition holds singing auditions in 15 regions across the UK every year and …
NOTTINGHAM SINGING AUDITIONS 2016
Singing auditions in Nottingham on Saturday 10th September
Nottingham Singing Auditions 2016: Open Mic UK is on the hunt to find the best undiscovered talent in the UK and the competition is coming to Nottingham. …
MANCHESTER SINGING CONTEST
Singers were given feedback at the Manchester Regional Final Showcase
Manchester Singing Contest: Music industry judges gave singers feedback at the Manchester singing contest at The Royal Northern College …
Singers were given feedback at the Glasgow Auditions
Glasgow Auditions: Music industry judges gave singers feedback at the Glasgow auditions at Dance HQ in Glasgow this weekend. The Glasgow auditions gave singers and …
Singers were given feedback at the Newcastle Auditions
Newcastle Auditions: Music industry judges gave singers feedback at the Newcastle auditions at The Tyne Theatre and Opera House in Newcastle this weekend. The …
Singers were given feedback at the Reading Auditions
Reading Auditions: Music industry judges gave singers feedback at the Reading auditions at Sub89 in Reading this weekend. The Reading auditions gave singers and songwriters …
Singers were given feedback at the Camden Auditions
Camden Auditions: Music industry judges gave singers feedback at the Camden auditions at Dingwalls in Camden this weekend. The Camden auditions gave singers and …
Singers were given feedback at the Nottingham Auditions
Nottingham Auditions: Music industry judges gave singers feedback at the Nottingham auditions at The NEC in Nottingham this weekend. The Nottingham auditions gave …
Singers were given feedback at the Liverpool Auditions
Liverpool Auditions: Music industry judges gave singers feedback at the Liverpool auditions at The Liner Hotel in Liverpool this weekend. The Liverpool auditions gave …
Singers were given feedback at the Southampton Auditions
Southampton Auditions: Music industry judges gave singers feedback at the Southampton auditions at The 1865 in Southampton this weekend. The Southampton auditions …
BELFAST RECORDING STUDIOS
Prizes such as time in recording studios were up for grabs at the Open Mic UK Belfast Regional Finals!
Belfast Recording Studios Prizes: The Open Mic UK Belfast Regional Finals took place this weekend at Kings Hall in …
EXETER RECORDING STUDIOS
Prizes such as time in recording studios were up for grabs at the Open Mic UK Exeter Regional Finals!
Exeter Recording Studios Prizes: The Open Mic UK Exeter Regional Finals took place this weekend at Exeter Corn …
ESSEX RECORDING STUDIOS
Prizes such as time in recording studios were up for grabs at the Open Mic UK Essex Regional Finals!
Essex Recording Studios Prizes: The Open Mic UK Essex Regional Finals took place this weekend at Marconi Social Club in …
CAMDEN RECORDING STUDIOS
Prizes such as time in recording studios were up for grabs at the Open Mic UK Camden Regional Finals!
Camden Recording Studios Prizes: The Open Mic UK Camden Regional Finals took place this weekend at Dingwalls in …
READING RECORDING STUDIOS
Prizes such as time in recording studios were up for grabs at the Open Mic UK Reading Regional Finals!
Reading Recording Studios Prizes: The Open Mic UK Reading Regional Finals took place this weekend at Sub89 in …
NOTTINGHAM RECORDING STUDIOS
Prizes such as time in recording studios were up for grabs at the Open Mic UK Nottingham Regional Finals!
Nottingham Recording Studios Prizes: The Open Mic UK Nottingham Regional Finals took place this weekend …
MILTON KEYNES RECORDING STUDIOS
Prizes such as time in recording studios were up for grabs at the Open Mic UK Milton Keynes Regional Finals!
Milton Keynes Recording Studios Prizes: The Open Mic UK Milton Keynes Regional Finals took place …
NEWCASTLE RECORDING STUDIOS
Prizes such as time in recording studios were up for grabs at the Open Mic UK Newcastle Regional Finals!
Newcastle Recording Studios Prizes: The Open Mic UK Newcastle Regional Finals took place this weekend at …