Open Mic UK Terms & Conditions
Terms and conditions of the competition:
1. The competition is organised and promoted by Future Productions Ltd (the “Company”) trading as Open Mic UK.
2. I acknowledge that the purpose of the competition is the search for a recording artist, duo or group (hereafter referred to as ‘I/me/my’) and the competition will require a musical and/or vocal performance before a panel of Judges. Applications made on behalf of a group must have the consent of all members of the group before applying. I understand the nature of the competition and in signing this agreement I hereby consent to the recording and use of my contribution to the competition on the terms and conditions herein stated.
3. The competition requires a non-refundable entrance fee to complete an entry; this covers administration costs plus my audition at my selected region. The entrance fee does not cover any contestant expenses such as travel. At the Company’s discretion and where possible alternative audition dates will be offered if in the unlikely event an audition is cancelled or if you are unable to attend your audition. Submission of an application does not guarantee the opportunity to audition or participate in the competition.
4. If successful at the auditions, a deposit is required to book my place in the showcase finals. The deposit is non- refundable. In the event of illness an alternative showcase date will be offered at the Company’s discretion. It is up to me to read the terms, conditions and newsletters in full.
5. I agree to make myself available, at my own expense, at such times and in such locations as the Company may reasonably require in respect of the competition including without limitation rehearsals, publicity, press calls, photographs, recordings and/or other contributions. Such events will be organised and paid for by the Company. I understand that I am not entitled to receive exposure to such events.
6. No filming, recording or photography will be permitted at any of the event nights unless agreed in writing by the Company 7 days prior to an event.
7. The Company (or other such company as chosen by the Company) may film and/or record performances at the events. I agree to the use of this material by the Company for marketing and promotional purposes, including but not limited to national and international broadcast, including rights to reproduce and edit footage. The Company will own all intellectual property rights in any film and sound recording of the performances.
8. In the event that I perform any music and/or lyrics which are composed and/or written by me (“Composition(s)”), I hereby warrant that such Composition(s) are wholly original to me, are not subject to any third party rights or encumbrances which have not been notified to the Company prior to my performance of such Composition(s) for the competition and the performance and inclusion of such Composition(s) as part of the competition do not infringe the rights of any third party nor any statutory rights in any material.
9. I am free to enter into this agreement and hereby agree to indemnify the Company in respect of all actions, proceedings, claims, damages and other liabilities which may be brought against or incurred by the Company as a result of the breach of any of my warranties, representations or obligations contained in this agreement. I agree that in the event of any breach of this agreement by the Company I shall not be entitled to injunct the competition and any legal remedy I may have shall lie in an action at law for damages only.
10. I hereby warrant that I have not entered into any commercial, sponsorship or other agreement or arrangement with any person, firm or company in respect of my entry in the competition and/or musical, musical writing and/or performing abilities and will not do so.
11. I agree to give the Company the option of first refusal to provide management services to my career as an artist within an 18 month period from the end of the competition. Failure to do so may result in the payment of a management fee for the would-be management contract.
12. The overall winning prize to the winning contestant, duo or group of Open Mic UK is recording studio time to record their album and a video of the best single plus extensive media promotion from a professional PR company.
13. Competition finalists, defined as any act making the Grand Final, acknowledge and agree to make themselves available for appearances and promotion for an 18 month period from the end of the competition for a minimum of 5 times. These will be at such times and in such locations as the Company may reasonably require in respect of the competition including without limitation showcases, Regional Finals and the Grand Final for the following year, interviews, publicity, press calls, photographs, recordings and/or other contributions. I agree to attend such events and will advise of (and) provide receipts to the Company for reimbursement of any reasonable travel expenses incurred.
14. I acknowledge and agree to abide fully by the rules, regulations, terms and conditions for this competition (the “Rules”). I agree to observe all procedures and obey all reasonable instructions in force or given by a member of the Company and/or any location staff in connection with the competition and the management of the locations and the fire safety and security arrangements in those locations.
15. I acknowledge and agree that if I’m successful at the auditions I will be given tickets to sell for the live Regional Final show which I will try my best to sell to family, friends and fans.
16. I acknowledge and agree that if I’m successful at the auditions I will pay a £30 deposit to ensure my place in the Regional Final and all subsequent rounds. The deposit pays for the judges feedback provided at Live Shows throughout the competition.
17. I acknowledge that the Company reserve the right to amend the Rules (including without limitation verbally) or terminate the competition at any time without liability to me. The Company’s decisions shall be final.
18. If I am under 18 years old I must obtain the consent of my parent(s) or legal guardian(s) and enter their details as provided in the application form prior to my entry into the competition.
19. I must be resident in the UK. I must be in my age category on or before the last day of July. I may be asked to provide the Company with supporting documentation in order to substantiate this (i.e. birth certificate and/or valid passport). I acknowledge that the Company reserves the right to require at any time proof of my identity and/or eligibility.
20. All personal details and/or information given in my application either in this form or otherwise must be truthful, accurate and in no way misleading. I undertake to inform the Company immediately if any such information becomes inaccurate.
21. The information provided in the application may be used in connection with the production and promotion of the competition. By submitting my details I am agreeing that from time to time the Company’s partners, sponsors or associated companies may contact me with information regarding relevant services they feel may be of interest to me. Should I not wish to receive further information from Open Mic UK and associated companies about their services I am to email 'opt-out' to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any questions regarding the use of personal information should be made for the attention of the Data Protection Officer at Future Productions Ltd, 36 Lumsden Avenue, Southampton SO15 5EL or by email to webteam@OpenMicUK.co.uk.
22. I acknowledge that the Company reserves the right to remove or disqualify me from the competition at their absolute discretion and that the decision of the Company is final. I acknowledge that the Company will have no liability to me if I am unable to attend or take part in the competition.
23. The Company reserves the right to disqualify any contestant if they supply untruthful, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information, have failed to abide by the Rules and/or are in breach of the terms hereof.
24. The Company reserves the right to disqualify any contestant if they are deemed to be acting outside the spirit of the competition. The Company’s decisions shall be final.
25. The Company will endeavour to operate the competition and apply the Rules and conditions of the competition as devised by the Company.
26. If any provision of this agreement is adjudged by a court to be void or unenforceable such provision shall no way affect any other provisions of this agreement, the application of the provision in any other circumstances or the validity or enforceability of this agreement and such provision shall be curtailed and limited only to the extent necessary to bring it within legal requirement.
27. The courts of England shall have sole jurisdiction in relation to the terms and conditions of the agreement contained in this release which shall be interpreted according to the laws of England.
28. Lastly have fun!
HOW TO RAP
Rapping with confidence, control, and emotion.
How to Rap - Five Key Areas of Focus
How to Rap: In this article we have focused on five key areas to help you improve your rapping techinique.Lyrics are the fundamental part of any rap …
MUSIC ARTIST MANAGEMENT
What does Music Artist Management do?
Music Artist Management: All music mangers vary and can do an array of different jobs to help artists develop every aspect of their music careers. What a manager does for you …
LOOKING FOR A MUSIC MANAGER?
Should you be looking for a music manager?
Looking for a music manager?: Certainly what we’d advise especially when starting out is just concentrate on your own affairs to begin with before you start looking …
WRITING A PRESS RELEASE
Putting together and writing a press release
Writing a press release: You need something to back up your words explaining your story for your newspaper article, that’s where writing a press release, comes in. …
Choosing a recording studio for your music production
Music Production: You’ve spent time and effort writing your own material, so when it comes to music production – laying down your tracks, choosing a …
Using YouTube and uploading videos
Using YouTube: YouTube is the most popular video platform for singers as we go to print, so using YouTube can be a great platform, although Facebook are keen to take a piece of this market, so …
Using the right Facebook tools for promotion
Facebook Tools: Facebook is still one of the best marketing platforms for singers, musicians and songwriters to promote their music and events on, therefore utilising Facebook tools can …
Facebook posts and content rules
Facebook Posts: Getting your Facebook posts right is important. Post too little and you are in danger of getting lost in people's news feeds and forgotten. Post too much and you will irritate …
JAMES NEILSON CROWNED OPEN MIC UK 2017 CHAMPION!
Future Music have crowned James Neilson Open Mic UK's 2017 overall winner
Open Mic UK 2017 Champion: The national music competition Open Mic UK has found its latest winner! Joining a long line of …
OPEN MIC UK 2017 PRIZE WINNERS
Judges’ Top Scores and Prize Winners Announced
Open Mic UK 2017 Prize Winners: The Open Mic UK 2017 Grand Final judges’ top scores and prize winners have been revealed! The national music competition …
TeenStar 2018 Audition Dates Now Released!
TeenStar 2018 audition dates are now released! TeenStar, the UK’s only singing and dance competition exclusively for 19 year olds and younger, have now released their 2018 audition dates! …
MUSIC COMPETITION OPEN MIC UK 2017 AUDITION DATES RELEASED
Music competition auditions dates for Open Mic UK 2017 have been announced!
Open Mic UK have announced their music competition auditions dates for Open Mic UK 2017! The Open Mic UK music …
SAM CLINES CROWNED OPEN MIC UK 2016 CHAMPION!
Future Music have crowned Sam Clines Open Mic UK's 2016 overall winner
Open Mic UK winner: The national singing competition Open Mic UK has found its latest winner! Joining a long line of prestigious …
OPEN MIC UK MUSIC COMPETITION WINNER – JUDGES’ TOP SCORES!
The Open Mic UK music competition winner 2016 Grand Final judges’ top scores have been revealed! The Open Mic UK music competition Grand Final took place at The NEC in …
TeenStar audition dates now released!
TeenStar audition dates are now released! TeenStar, the UK’s only competition exclusively for pre-teens and teenagers, have now released their audition dates! And new for this year it’s also open …
AUDITION DATES RELEASED
Music competition auditions for Open Mic UK 2016 are announced today!
Open Mic UK have announced their music competition auditions dates for Open Mic UK 2016! The Open Mic UK music competition auditions will be …
A&R MUSIC – ADVICE FROM THE MUSIC INDUSTRY
A&R music industry professionals provide advice from the Grand Final.
A&R Music: The Open Mic UK 2017 music competition grand final hosted the best unsigned singers from across …
NORTH EAST MUSIC CONTEST
Singers and songwriters came to impress at a show for the North East Music Contest at Dewsbury Town Hall
North East Music Contest: Open Mic UK gave budding singers North East Music Contest at the …
SOUTH ENDLAND MUSIC CONTEST
Singers and songwriters came to impress at a show for South England Music Contest at The Engine Rooms
South England Music Contest: Open Mic UK gave budding singers South England Music Contest at …
NORTH WEST AND SCOTLAND MUSIC CONTEST
Singers and songwriters came to impress at a show for North West and Scotland Music Contest at The Forum Theatre
North West and Scotland Music Contest: Open Mic UK gave budding singers …
MIDLANDS MUSIC CONTEST
Singers and songwriters came to impress at a show for Midlands Music Contest at The NEC
Midlands Music Contest: Open Mic UK gave budding singers Midlands Music Contest at the weekend. The singers and …
LONDON MUSIC OPPORTUNITIES
Singers and songwriters came to impress at a show for London music opportunities at the Beck Theatre
London Music Opportunities: Open Mic UK gave budding singers London music opportunities at the weekend. The …
READING MUSIC OPPORTUNITIES
Singers and songwriters came to impress at a show for Reading music opportunities at Sub89
Reading Music Opportunities: Open Mic UK gave budding singers Reading music opportunities at the weekend. The …
SHEFFIELD MUSIC OPPORTUNITIES
Singers and songwriters came to impress at a show for Sheffield music opportunities at The Sheffield City Hall
Sheffield Music Opportunities: Open Mic UK gave budding singers Sheffield music …