How to Change your YouTube URL
How do I change my YouTube URL? 
You can change your YouTube URL in 5 easy steps (detailed below) There are limits on the amount of times you can change your URL, so it is important that you are sure on your decision before updating!
Before you read any further YouTube will only let you change your URL if you meet the following criteria:
To create a custom YouTube URL for your channel, your account needs to:
- Have 100 or more subscribers
- Be at least 30 days old
- Have an uploaded photo as channel icon
- Have uploaded channel art
How to change your YouTube profile URL:
- Sign in to YouTube.
- Go to your advanced account settings by clicking your icon in the top right-hand corner > Settings or Then click Advanced under your account name.
- Under ‘Channel settings’, select the link next to You’re eligible for a custom URL.
Note: You will only see this link if your channel is eligible.
- In the ‘Get a custom URL’ box, you will see the custom URL(s) for which you’ve been approved. You can’t change the part in the grey box, but you may need to add a few letters or numbers to make the URL unique to you.
I have changed my artist name, what can I do?
It is natural for your taste and mindset to change over the years, so a name or alias you previously liked may not seem as attractive as it first did. Don’t panic, if you change your name or brand you can change you YouTube channel name and Custom YouTube URL.
Changing your YouTube name:
Once signed in, it only takes 3 steps to to change you YouTube channel name:
- Click your account icon > settings .
- In the “Overview” section, click Edit on Google next to your channel name.
- Update the channel name and click OK.
Once you have decided on a new YouTube channel name, you may want to change your custom URL. Again, once signed in this can be achieved in a few simple steps.
Note: You can remove a custom URL from your channel up to 3 times per year. This deactivates the URL so that it no longer directs viewers to your channel.
Changing a custom YouTube URL:
- Sign in to YouTube and go to your ‘About me‘ page.
- Select the account with your YouTube channel in the top-right corner. (You may have to click All of your Brand Accounts if your account is not in the list)
- Find your current custom URL under ‘Sites’ and click edit .
- Next to the URL that you want to remove, click X.
- Click OK.
It may take a couple of days before the previous custom URL stops directing to your channel. Then to set a new custom YouTube URL, follow the steps detailed at the start of this article!
Why it is important to have custom URLS?
When creating a brand as an artist it is really important to have consistency across all of your social media platforms. This enables your fans to easily access your music and stay up to date with gigs etc.