Future Music have crowned Natalie Lindi Open Mic UK’s 2019 overall winner
Open Mic UK 2019 Champion: The national music competition Open Mic UK has crowned their 2019 winner. Joining a long line of prestigious Future Music competition winners, Natalie Lindi has been selected as the competition’s overall winner.
22-year-old Natalie is a talented singer-songwriter from North West London and she blew the judges away at the competition with her soulful original song, Give It Time.
Inspired by Jazz and Soul queens like Minnie Ripperton, Lianne La Havas and Nina Simone, Natalie is an emotionally expressive performer and has played extensively in and around London, as well as the Netherlands to perform at the Altersonic Festival.
She’s performed her music live on Roundhouse Radio, Hype HQ Reality Radio and Alpha Session, and her debut single Peace aired twice on BBC introducing radio.
After being crowned overall winner, Natalie said, “Being part of Open Mic UK has been such an encouraging and exciting experience. I’ve met lots of friendly musicians through the competition and made some useful industry contacts too. Not to mention getting to perform at 02 Indigo !
“Being announced the winner on Saturday was really heartwarming. I also won ‘best song’ so coming home with two trophies was a great feeling.
“I would really encourage anyone who’s curious to enter, it’s been such a positive experience overall, and you never know you might just win! I’m looking forward to using the prizes to further my career. Keep an eye out for more music!”
Open Mic UK 2019 Champion
The national singing competition is brought to you by Future Music, the company behind the discovery of so many top UK artists, including:
- Birdy (signed to Warner)
- Courtney Hadwin (Syco Entertainment & Arista Records)
- Jaymi Hensley from Union J
- Michael Rice (2019 Eurovision UK Representative & BBC All Together Now winner)
- Molly Hocking (The Voice UK 2019 winner)
- Lola Young (signed to Universal & managed by Nick Shymansky)
- Lucy Spraggan
- Nathan Sykes from The Wanted
- Siana Schofield (signed to SMG, Australia)
All of whom have been previous winners or participants in the competitions.
Music Industry Judges at the National Grand Final
After impressing the Judging Panel at the auditions, battled against more than 10,000 acts across the UK. He went on to perform in the Open Mic UK live showcases, getting through both Regional and Area Final heats to make it to the national Grand Final.
The judging panel for the Grand Final included;
- Carrie Grant – BAFTA award-winning broadcaster, vocal coach and advocate.
- Chris Grayston – Music consultant for Sony, Thames TV, The Voice.
- Jamie Searls – A&R and Admissions for Tileyard Education.
- Leon Haynes – A&R Manager at Polydor Records, whose artists have included Girls Aloud, The Saturdays, Take That and Ellie Goulding.
- Ras Kwame – Capital Xtra DJ
- Susanna Dee – Singer, songwriter, producer and vocal arranger.
Chris Grayston, Head Judge and Director of Future Music has said, “Natalie has a unique way of conveying the emotional message of her music exceptionally well. There were a lot of talented performers this year, but she’s really impressed us at every stage of the competition. A very worthy winner and we’re really looking forward to working with her.”
Open Mic UK 2019 Champion
As the overall winner of Open Mic UK 2019, Natalie will receive the following prizes:
- Production of her album in one of the UK’s finest recording studios.
- Fully produced video of the single of her choice.
- £1000 Spotify and Radio Promotion Campaign courtesy of Music Gateway including pitching to the UK Spotify editorial team and the Music Gateway independent playlist network.
- An initial extensive winner’s publicity package (previous winners coverage includes BBC and ITV television, Mojo, RWD, Q Magazines and more).
- A comprehensive consultation and development package.
- A one to one vocal technique session with celebrity vocal coach CeCe Sammy.
Tileyard Education Songwriting Award
Natalie also won the songwriting award at the Grand Final, given to the act whom the Judges believed had the best original song of the day. She will be invited on a 4 day songwriting camp course courtesy of TileYard Education.