Singers on YouTube
Using YouTube as a Singer
Singers on YouTube: YouTube is one of the most interactive ways of promoting yourself through social media; singers on YouTube can help build a platform. Find below Tips for that will help you with ways to bring more traffic to your channel and to gain a wider fan base.
Singers on YouTube – Top Tips
Firstly it’s important that singers on YouTube have their channel set as a ‘musician’. It’s a vital setting for your channel as it allows singers on YouTube to add upcoming dates and performance information. Being able to promote your events through your YouTube channel is free so go for it; it only takes one random person to show up to your gig to widen your audience.
YouTube is open to anyone with or without an account so the next tip for singers on YouTube is to add links to your website and other social media websites. If people have spent time looking for our video and watching your video, what’s to stop them stalking you a little bit more? Adding those links to your channel allows viewers to find out more about you.
- Custom YouTube channel background photo. It’s another way of marketing yourself through your channel. So if you’ve had a photo shoot and you want to show those photos off, here’s your chance! The background photo can be seen throughout a visit to the channel so the photo has to be high quality and relevant to you as a musician.
- As always keep themes and display pictures the same across all of your social media or as closely as possible on your social media to keep uniformity! This comes down to image but you don’t want a potential fan to question whether that is you they saw the night before so making sure image is the same across the board.
- Singers on YouTube should engage with their audience! Try to respond to every comment written on your channel or your video links. Everyone likes people with manners, so putting a simple ‘thank you’ in response to their comment can be a way of improving reputation on your channel. Plus who knows, replying to all the comments, might make a few more people add a comment to see if they get a reply too!
More on Singers on YouTube
- Add tags; Singers on YouTube often struggle being able to find their videos on YouTube therefore adding tags to your video is vital. Adding tags link directly to the search function, so not using them would be a complete waste of your time. If you’re writing uploading a rock cover of ‘That’s What Makes Your Beautiful’, tag everything that can relate to that, the more tags, the easier you are to find! For example you could add ‘rock’, ‘cover’, and ‘one direction’ and so on. These tags are priceless for a musician on YouTube so make sure you make the most of them.
- Adding annotations to your videos. These are the little boxes of text that come up when watching a YouTube clip. Although they seem to be irritating, for your channel that can be beneficial, especially as you can hyperlink them to redirect them to subscribe to your channel or even visit your website. Annotations can be put on your video for set periods of time, so they shouldn’t put people off viewing your videos.
Lastly, singers on YouTube can upload videos to other YouTube channels. I know this sounds strange, but when you think about it logically you can potentially upload your new videos onto a pre-established channel that already has a built up fan base. So as long as the channel accepts your video, there is already a fan base waiting to see your video.