Facebook is one of the biggest social media platforms. There are over 1.62 million users active every day, which is a huge potential audience as a singer. Every artist should have their own professional Facebook account and verifying your account will draw in even more fans.
Facebook’s blue verification tick is instantly recognisable. It will give your account authenticity and a professional touch. You should verify your Facebook account as a singer because it will give your online social media presence more credibility.
If you use Facebook regularly, you’ll have noticed there are two different verification ticks. This article will explain the difference between the grey and blue tick, and how to get both.
How do artists get verified on Facebook?
You can get your Facebook page verified by simply filling out a form on the website. To access a Facebook Verification Form, sign into your account and follow these steps:
Click “Settings” in the top-right corner of your Facebook page.
You will be taken to a section titled “General.” On this page, select “Page verification.”
Next, click “Verify this page.” Then press the “Get Started” button.
Enter the phone number you have registered in your name as an artist. Click “Call Me Now” so Facebook can issue you with your verification code. (If you don’t have a business phone number, you can choose to verify with documents instead.)
Enter this verification code on the page and press the “Continue” button.
You should see a grey badge appear on your Facebook Page after you complete these steps. The grey checkmark indicates a verified Facebook page for smaller artists, businesses and organisations.
How do you get a verified musician on Facebook?
To become a verified musician on Facebook, you’ll need to meet the site’s artist eligibility criteria. To apply for a Facebook verification badge your page must be:
- Authentic – Your artist page must represent a real person.
- Unique – You can only verify one page for yourself as an artist, so your page has to be the unique presence of a genuine singer.
- Complete – You’ll need to have an about section, profile photo, and at least one post on your page before you can verify it.
- Notable – Facebook is more likely to verify musicians who have an existing online presence. Connect your website to your page to prove your notability.
What does Facebook verified mean?
There are two verification badges on Facebook: the blue tick, and the grey tick. Pages with a blue verification tick indicate that they are the verified pages for public figures, celebrities, and big brands.
It’s much harder to get a blue verification badge on Facebook, as they’re only awarded to notable figures.
To qualify for a blue tick, you will have to provide Facebook with evidence that you have enough followers. You will have to provide your Wikipedia page and/or press features about you as an artist to prove you are a public figure.
Facebook blue verification badge
If you’re a big enough artist, you might be eligible for a blue verification badge. But you’ll need a portfolio of evidence ready to prove to Facebook that you’re a public figure.
To get your Facebook profile ready for a blue verification badge, you’ll need to:
- List yourself as a “Public Figure” under the “Page Info” tab on your Facebook page.
- Fill in your “About” section with as much detailed, accurate information as possible.
- Provide a link from your official website as a singer to your Facebook page.
- Post as many links to achievements and awards you’ve received as a musician under the “Awards” tab on your page.
- Verify your page and get a grey verification badge to begin with.
- Get at least 500 followers on your page.
- Contact Facebook and explain you’re a recognisable artist and wish to upgrade to a blue verification badge. You’ll be asked to provide an image of your ID and a written explanation as to why you are eligible.
- Facebook will review your page and the information you have provided to see whether you qualify.
Why your Facebook account should be verified
It’s free and easy to verify your Facebook page as an artist. There are lots of benefits that come with having a Facebook verification tick:
- You’ll rank higher in search results
- Your page will have more engagement
- Fans can find your page easily
- It gives you credibility as an artist
- Fans trust your content to be accurate
Authenticate Facebook page
Verifying your Facebook page shows you’re a serious artist and you’re dedicated to your music. By authenticating your social media, fans will take you seriously too.